I’m not exactly sure what it says about American society when the top two books that American women are currently reading are The Bible and Fifty Shades of Grey, but those seem to be the results of a new survey.
Yes, the good book and an erotic romance novel by author E.L. James were found to be the nation’s two best sellers this year, according to a survey conducted by the market research firm Lab42 that asked a random sampling of 500 women, 18 and older what they were reading.
These were the results:
1. 50 Shades of Grey – E.L. James
2. The Hunger Games – Suzanne Collins
3. The Casual Vacancy – J.K. Rowling
4. The Harry Potter series – J.K. Rowling
5. The Hobbit – J. R. R. Tolkien
6. A Song of Fire and Ice series – George R. R. Martin
7. Cloud Atlas – David Mitchell
8. 1Q84 – Haruki Murakami
9. The Help – Kathryn Stockett
10. The Twilight Series – Stephenie Meyers